Crossword #29: From the Vault

 What is shakin', bacon's,

I know it's been a while and you're all starved of Gizmo Thwomp goodness but my 3-year blogiversary is quickly approaching and I'm going into high gear to make some great puzzles for you.

Only one problem...

This crap is difficult! You think I can churn out top-notch puzzles every day? Look, I've made 28 great puzzles, and I used up all my unique ideas in the first 10. Not to mention, I've been on a bit of a slump. I was on such a roll when I started this blog. Can you imagine what it feels like to have peaked at age 15? But no, I'm old and decrepit now and I'm no longer goated with the sauce, as the kids said when I was a kid.

So no more Gizmo puzzles for the foreseeable future... well. It is my blogiversary, after all, and I have to make something to celebrate International Gizmo Month.

Thankfully, I have just the solution up my sleeve.

After a tad bit of tinkering, I've finally figured it out: a machine that I can use to travel through time. (My parents always said I should apply myself to something other than crosswords.) I'm no longer in my prime, but I can go back to 2023 and "borrow" a first draft. My standards are low enough to take one of the unreleased ones.

I just have to fix up this grid, give it a bit of a spitshine, and take it back to the future to please my adoring fans. And for those of you worrying about time paradoxes, not to worry. I'm not going to meet my past self or anything. I'll just leave some little editor's notes in the clues to impart a bit of passing wisdom.

If all goes well, this should be scheduled to post on July 20, 2026, five days before the all-important Gizmo Day/Blogiversary. I'll find a couple more oldies to send over the next few days and we'll all be happy. For now, I'm really enjoying my time in 2023! I get to see Barbenheimer again, isn't that fun?

Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with your regularly scheduled program.

See you next """time""",
Gizmo Thwomp



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossword #22: Just One Clue (ft. Aaron Riccio, acommonrose, Ada Nicolle, Adam Aaronson, Alex Boisvert, arctan, ariel haymarket, Ben Tolkin, Ben Zimmer, Bob Weisz, Brian Callahan, Brian Thomas, Brohan, crosstina aquafina, danandbabka, Dob Olino, dorkshove, Dragonengineer97, David Ritterskamp, Emma Lawson, Evan Birnholz, Frisco17, myself, Glentopher, gordianTangle, Hoyt Arcane, jackofallspades98, Jacob M. Cohen, Jake Eakle, Jasper Davidoff, Jenna LaFleur, joeadultman, John Hawksley, JoshSolves, juff, kateschmate, Kaye Barton, Kieran J. Boyd, KikiStreams, Liari, lila goldenberg, Llamafarmers, longyfan, Matt Forest, Max Blechman, Max Kurzman, Mike D, Momes, Norah Sharpe, Owen Bergstein, Paolo Pasco, Pixlate, Quiara Vasquez, redkeg, Rich Iurilli, Ricky Cruz, Roy Johnson, ruiner_ii, Ryan Judge, Ryan Patrick Smith, seaonsonal', skaldskaparmal, SmoothestMango, snagawarg, Spencer Leach, Steve Mossberg, TehSaxophonist, Wally, Will Eisenberg, Will Nediger, WordNerdBird, and Zach Sherwin)

Crossword #28: Only One Clue

Crossword #27: Return of the Gizco (ft. Frisco17)