Crossword #11: The Final Frontier

 After all these years, I've finally done it.

Just kidding, it took like 30 minutes on a crowded bus ride through the streets of Naples, Italy, during which I had the idea for this puzzle. Black squares are so limiting, so unneccessary.

When the Greeks wrote the Arepo word square, did they use black squares? I don't think so. As I looked out at the beautiful night sky, I considered how my ancestors would have wanted crosswords to be done. I cursed Arthur Wynne for inventing the only limit to creativity in the crossworld.

This is the natural progression of the crossword meta. I expect constructors to follow my lead first. I have a very long wordlist of 15 letter entries if anyone needs them (over 50,000 and growing as I come up with new word combos every day!)

This puzzle functions as a themeless, but think of it as a themed puzzle, with the theme being innovation and discovery. After all, this is a record-setter, demolishing the previous record of 17. Eat my dust, Joe Krozel.

Salutations,

Gizmo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crossword #22: Just One Clue (ft. Aaron Riccio, acommonrose, Ada Nicolle, Adam Aaronson, Alex Boisvert, arctan, ariel haymarket, Ben Tolkin, Ben Zimmer, Bob Weisz, Brian Callahan, Brian Thomas, Brohan, crosstina aquafina, danandbabka, Dob Olino, dorkshove, Dragonengineer97, David Ritterskamp, Emma Lawson, Evan Birnholz, Frisco17, myself, Glentopher, gordianTangle, Hoyt Arcane, jackofallspades98, Jacob M. Cohen, Jake Eakle, Jasper Davidoff, Jenna LaFleur, joeadultman, John Hawksley, JoshSolves, juff, kateschmate, Kaye Barton, Kieran J. Boyd, KikiStreams, Liari, lila goldenberg, Llamafarmers, longyfan, Matt Forest, Max Blechman, Max Kurzman, Mike D, Momes, Norah Sharpe, Owen Bergstein, Paolo Pasco, Pixlate, Quiara Vasquez, redkeg, Rich Iurilli, Ricky Cruz, Roy Johnson, ruiner_ii, Ryan Judge, Ryan Patrick Smith, seaonsonal', skaldskaparmal, SmoothestMango, snagawarg, Spencer Leach, Steve Mossberg, TehSaxophonist, Wally, Will Eisenberg, Will Nediger, WordNerdBird, and Zach Sherwin)